LibraryNet (http://www.librarynet.com.my/about/) is a library community, built specifically to bring libraries from all over Sarawak together. With over 20 libraries in the community, including Pustaka Negeri Sarawak, Pustaka Miri and Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus, Librarynet is a "one-stop" information site for libraries and members. This community will provide collaborated information such as the Union Catalogue, circulation and membership records, standards and library management policies as well as articles and researches.
Libraries within the community are committed to protecting Personal Data processed and stored while providing library services to registered members of their respective libraries and shall comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) principles. These principles include Consent, Notice & Choice, Disclosure, Security, Retention, Data Integrity and Access
|Librarynet Community||-||A group of over 20 libraries in Sarawak working together to provide a comprehensive library resources and services to its members
Librarynet Portal||-||An online portal where members can find on-line information and log-on to their personal pages
|Librarynet Members||-||On-line membership where public can register a LibraryNet profile. There is no verification in this case. Members can only view on-line resources and access personal page
|Registered Members||-||Librarynet members can become a registered member of one or more libraries under Librarynet. Members under this category can borrow books and use library resources from the library they registered under. For example, a registered membership with Swinburne library allows the member to borrow books from Swinburne, but not from other libraries.
|C. Types of Personal Data|
The personal data stored and processed by the libraries are as follows :
- NRIC No or Passport No
- E-Mail address
- Contact Number
By providing your Personal Data, you hereby agreed that libraries within Librarynet shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To set up your Librarynet profile as well as membership account with specific libraries;
- To activate your library membership account with specific libraries;
- To fulfil your request for a library resource or service offered by the libraries, such as book lending, on-line database and so on;
- To allow other libraries within the LibraryNet community to access your data for the purpose of library services only, including book lending;
- To receive promotion or notification from Swinburne library and administrator of Librarynet community;
- To generate reports and queries on reading habits and library resources borrowed for the purpose of book purchase and offering better library services to you;
|E. Update of Personal Data|
Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data and to request the correction of any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
If you wish to terminate Librarynet membership you may send your request in writing via email to the following :
- Access to your Personal Data is covered under "J. Access";
- Correction of your e-mail address and address can be done through Member's Personal Page, which is accessible from Librarynet Portal;
- Correction of Name, NRIC No, Passport No and Birth-date can be done at the libraries you are a registered member of;
Email address: email@example.com
with the Subject: PDPA - Librarynet
Please note that Librarynet membership cannot be terminated if you have outstanding transactions with the libraries, for example outstanding fines, unreturned books, damaged items and so on.
No personal data shall be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that Personal Data held by Librarynet is kept up-to-date and is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Your personal data shall be stored securely as longer as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated under "D. Scope" above.
Librarynet reserves the right to access, preserve, and disclose any information it reasonably believes is necessary to:-
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- Enforce the Terms of Service or other user policies and agreements, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
|I. Data Integrity|
Libraries within Librarynet shall take responsible steps to ensure that the personal data is accurate, complete and not misleading. Registered members must inform libraries they are registered under of any updates or changes to their personal data.
Members can access their personal data through Librarynet's Personal Page. This page can be accessed under "Member Sign-in".
The Librarynet portal or library websites may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, for example, by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave the Librarynet portal and we do not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left the LibraryNet portal or library websites.
|Effective Date: 29th May 2014|
|[ Back ]|